We’re monitoring the newest numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in addition to the vaccine efforts in San Antonio and throughout Texas.
Newest Coronavirus Numbers
Listed below are the newest numbers reported by Bexar County and state officers:
Bexar County (information as of Wednesday, April 7):
- 290 new instances had been reported, bringing the overall variety of instances to 208,462.
- 8 new deaths had been reported because the county’s loss of life toll rose to 3,220.
- 195 sufferers presently hospitalized; 28 sufferers are on ventilators and 84 are in intensive care.
Metro Well being experiences new information at 4 p.m. Monday by Friday.
Texas (information as of Wednesday, April 7):
- 5,771 instances reported, together with 3,365 new confirmed, 802 new possible, and 1,604 backlogged instances. Greater than 2.800 million Texans have been identified with COVID-19 for the reason that pandemic started
- 99 extra deaths had been reported, elevating the statewide loss of life toll from virus problems to 47,921.
- 2,886 Texans had been hospitalized Tuesday, which is up 4 from the day before today.
Extra county case data is on the market by the Texas Department of Health Services COVID-19 dashboard.
Vaccine Progress in Bexar County
Throughout Bexar County, greater than 855,000 vaccine doses have been administered, as of April 8.
- 558,995 Bexar County residents have acquired not less than one dose of the coronavirus vaccine, representing 36% of the county’s inhabitants eligible to obtain a vaccination.
- 341,895 Bexar County residents are absolutely vaccinated, representing 22 % of the county’s inhabitants eligible to obtain a vaccination.
- 217,100 Bexar County residents (14%) haven’t but acquired their second vaccine dose.
DSHS defines “inhabitants” as residents who’re 16 years of age or older; in Bexar County, this represents greater than 1.55 million individuals. The CDC states that “when a excessive proportion of the neighborhood is proof against a illness (by vaccination and/or prior sickness),” that neighborhood may have reached herd immunity, “making the unfold of this illness from individual to individual unlikely.”
95,766 vaccines had been administered final week in Bexar County; a complete of 885,645 vaccine doses have been administered within the county since vaccination efforts started 16 weeks in the past.
Throughout Texas, 8,591,350 residents are absolutely vaccinated. In complete, the state has administered 13,268,799 vaccine doses, as of April 8. Texas is one in all 9 states with lower than 18% of its inhabitants absolutely vaccinated, as of April 7:
18.8 % of the nation’s inhabitants has been absolutely vaccinated as of April 4, based on the Facilities for Illness Management.
Bexar County COVID-19 Developments
This week’s replace of the Warning Indicators and Progress Indicators for Bexar County noticed Bexar County holding regular on the low-risk stage. The positivity price stays at 2.1% for a second straight week, nicely beneath the 5% threshold set by native officers.
The county’s seven-day transferring common of every day COVID-19 instances elevated barely, from 188 on the finish of final week to 202 on Wednesday.
The variety of COVID-19 sufferers receiving remedies at space hospitals have ticked up in the previous few days to 195, as of April 7. Of these, 84 sufferers are in intensive care.
Newest Coronavirus Headlines
The signs of coronavirus might be just like the flu or a foul chilly. Signs embrace fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or problem respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or scent sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, based on the Facilities for Illness Management.
Most wholesome individuals may have delicate signs. A research of greater than 72,000 sufferers by the Facilities for Illness Management in China confirmed 80 % of the instances there have been delicate.
However infections could cause pneumonia, extreme acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even loss of life, based on the World Well being Group. Older individuals with underlying well being circumstances are most in danger.
Specialists decided there was constant proof these circumstances improve an individual’s threat, no matter age:
- Persistent kidney illness
- COPD (persistent obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Weight problems (BMI of 30 or larger)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from stable organ transplant
- Critical coronary heart circumstances, akin to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell illness
- Kind 2 diabetes
- The CDC believes signs could seem wherever from two to 14 days after being uncovered.
Human coronaviruses are normally unfold…
- Between people who find themselves in shut contact with each other (inside about 6 toes).
- By respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated individual coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land within the mouths or noses of people who find themselves close by or presumably be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some current research have steered that COVID-19 could also be unfold by people who find themselves not exhibiting signs.
Assist cease the unfold of coronavirus
- Keep house when you find yourself sick.
- Eat and sleep individually from your loved ones members
- Use totally different utensils and dishes
- Cowl your cough or sneeze together with your arm, not your hand.
- If you happen to use a tissue, throw it within the trash.
Discover a Testing Location
Metropolis officers advocate getting a COVID-19 take a look at in the event you expertise fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or problem respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or scent, sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
Here’s a Testing Sites Locator that can assist you discover the testing location closest to you in San Antonio.