We’re monitoring the newest numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in addition to the vaccine efforts in San Antonio and throughout Texas.
Vaccine Progress in Bexar County
Throughout Bexar County, 1,114,143 vaccine doses have been administered, as of April 19.
- 702,353 Bexar County residents have obtained at the very least one dose of the coronavirus vaccine, representing 45.42% of the county’s inhabitants eligible to obtain a vaccination.
- 443,645 Bexar County residents are totally vaccinated, representing 28.57% of the county’s inhabitants eligible to obtain a vaccination.
- 258,708 Bexar County residents (16.67%) haven’t but obtained their second vaccine dose.
DSHS defines “inhabitants” as residents who’re 16 years of age or older; in Bexar County, this represents greater than 1.55 million folks. The CDC states that “when a excessive share of the neighborhood is proof against a illness (via vaccination and/or prior sickness),” that neighborhood could have reached herd immunity, “making the unfold of this illness from individual to individual unlikely.”
98,430 vaccines had been administered final week in Bexar County; a complete of 1,114,143 vaccine doses have been administered within the county since vaccination efforts started 18 weeks in the past.
Throughout Texas, 6.524 million residents are totally vaccinated. In complete, the state has administered 16.053 million vaccine doses, as of April 19. Texas is certainly one of eight states with lower than 23% of its inhabitants totally vaccinated, as of April 18:
Newest Coronavirus Numbers
Listed below are the newest numbers reported by Bexar County and state officers:
Bexar County (information as of Friday, April 16):
- 25 new instances had been reported, bringing the entire variety of instances to 211,422.
- 2 new deaths had been reported. The county’s demise toll rose to 3,293.
- 221 sufferers at the moment hospitalized; 33 sufferers are on ventilators and 76 are in intensive care.
Metro Well being experiences new information at 4 p.m. Monday via Friday.
Texas (information as of Sunday, April 18):
- 1,905 instances reported, together with 1,434 new confirmed, 389 new possible, and 82 backlogged instances. Greater than 2.841 million Texans have been recognized with COVID-19 for the reason that pandemic started.
- 38 further deaths had been reported, elevating the statewide demise toll from virus problems to 48,611.
- 2,888 Texans had been hospitalized Saturday, which is down 41 from yesterday.
Extra county case info is obtainable via the Texas Department of Health Services COVID-19 dashboard.
Bexar County COVID-19 Developments
Final week’s replace of the Warning Indicators and Progress Indicators for Bexar County noticed Bexar County holding regular on the low-risk stage. The positivity charge rose barely to 2.4% after holding regular at 2.1% for 2 straight weeks.
The county’s seven-day transferring common of day by day COVID-19 instances dropped to 25 instances on Friday, April 16:
The variety of COVID-19 sufferers receiving remedies at space hospitals as of April 16 has steadied following a 10-day rise in numbers. 200 sufferers are hospitalized, whereas 33 sufferers are on ventilators and 71 are in intensive care.
The signs of coronavirus might be much like the flu or a foul chilly. Signs embrace fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or issue respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or odor sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, based on the Facilities for Illness Management.
Most wholesome folks could have gentle signs. A examine of greater than 72,000 sufferers by the Facilities for Illness Management in China confirmed 80 p.c of the instances there have been gentle.
However infections may cause pneumonia, extreme acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even demise, based on the World Well being Group. Older folks with underlying well being circumstances are most in danger.
Consultants decided there was constant proof these circumstances improve an individual’s danger, no matter age:
- Continual kidney illness
- COPD (persistent obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Weight problems (BMI of 30 or greater)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from strong organ transplant
- Critical coronary heart circumstances, equivalent to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell illness
- Sort 2 diabetes
- The CDC believes signs might seem wherever from two to 14 days after being uncovered.
Human coronaviruses are normally unfold…
- Between people who find themselves in shut contact with each other (inside about 6 ft).
- By way of respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated individual coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land within the mouths or noses of people who find themselves close by or presumably be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some latest research have recommended that COVID-19 could also be unfold by people who find themselves not exhibiting signs.
Assist cease the unfold of coronavirus
- Keep residence when you find yourself sick.
- Eat and sleep individually from your loved ones members
- Use totally different utensils and dishes
- Cowl your cough or sneeze together with your arm, not your hand.
- Should you use a tissue, throw it within the trash.
Discover a Testing Location
Metropolis officers advocate getting a COVID-19 take a look at for those who expertise fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or issue respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or odor, sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
Here’s a Testing Sites Locator that will help you discover the testing location closest to you in San Antonio.