Ten #NHLStats in regards to the Colorado Avalanche, who’re headed to the postseason for the fourth consecutive season and twenty sixth time in franchise historical past (17x as Colorado, 9x as Quebec).
1. Colorado will return to the Stanley Cup Playoffs for a fourth consecutive year, the longest streak for the franchise since making 11 straight journeys from 1995 to 2006. The one different time the membership reached the playoffs in 4 or extra consecutive years was a seven-season run from 1981 to 1987 because the Nordiques.
2. The Avalanche are averaging 3.33 objectives per sport within the postseason throughout their present streak of appearances (since 2018), solely the Oilers (3.75) have a higher rank in that very same timeframe. Colorado has scored six or extra objectives in a playoff sport 5 instances since 2018 – solely Boston (6x) has more over that span.
3. Nathan MacKinnon is averaging 1.35 factors per sport all through his playoff profession (20-34-54 in 40 GP), the fourth-highest total amongst gamers to look in at the very least 15 postseason video games, behind solely Wayne Gretzky (1.84), Mario Lemieux (1.61) and Barry Pederson (1.53). MacKinnon had some extent in 14 consecutive games throughout the 2020 postseason.
4. Nathan MacKinnon ranks 10th in franchise history with 20-34-54 in 40 postseason appearances (his 1.35 P/GP ranks first in COL/QUE historical past). MacKinnon is closing in on a trio of key Nineties Avalanche contributors on the all-time franchise playoff factors listing – all of whom performed 22 or extra playoff video games with the membership than he has so far. MacKinnon wants one level to tie Claude Lemieux (21-34-55 in 62 GP), two to match Adam Deadmarsh (22-34-56 in 88 GP) and 6 to equal Valeri Kamensky (25-35-60 in 64 GP).
5. Gabriel Landeskog (Stockholm, Sweden) goals to develop into the second Swedish-born captain in NHL historical past to steer his group to a Stanley Cup. Nicklas Lidstrom (Vasteras, Sweden; 2008 Pink Wings), Zdeno Chara (Trencin, Slovakia; 2011 Bruins) and Alex Ovechkin (Moscow, Russia; 2018 Capitals) are the one non-North American gamers to captain a Cup winner.
6. Cale Makar burst onto the scene with a aim in his NHL debut, which occurred in Game 3 of the 2019 First Round in opposition to his hometown Flames. Makar (5-16-21 in 25 GP) has continued to supply within the postseason and already ranks fourth in franchise historical past for playoff points by a defenseman behind Sandis Ozolinsh (18-47-65 in 82 GP), Rob Blake (16-27-43 in 68 GP) and Adam Foote (7-35-42 in 170 GP) – all of whom gained a Stanley Cup with Colorado.
7. Mikko Rantanen has 13-26-39 in 33 profession postseason video games. Solely 4 gamers have required fewer than 40 contests to document their first 40 playoff factors with the franchise: Peter Stastny (28 GP), Joe Sakic (30 GP), Nathan MacKinnon (33 GP) and Peter Forsberg (36 GP).
8. Colorado’s roster options three Stanley Cup winners: Brandon Saad (2013 CHI, 2015 CHI), Andre Burakovsky (2018 WSH) and Philipp Grubauer (2018 WSH).
9. Philipp Grubauer has a 12-5-1 document throughout two postseasons as a member of the Avalanche (2.15 GAA, .924 SV%, 2 SO). Amongst goaltenders in franchise historical past to look in at the very least 10 postseason video games, Grubauer ranks first in save percentage and second in goals-against average behind David Aebischer (2.07 GAA).
10. Nazem Kadri led the League with 5 game-winning objectives within the 2020 postseason. The one participant in Avalanche/Nordiques historical past to document extra in a single playoff year was franchise icon Joe Sakic, who netted six game-winning objectives within the 1996 Stanley Cup Playoffs en path to the membership’s first championship.